at this point the baby is just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, and is now almost fully formed. the hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden. the baby is busy kicking and stretching, and the tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. these movements will become more frequent as the body grows and becomes more developed and functional. kammy won't feel the baby's acrobatics for another month or two.
the last doctor's appointment went very well and we got to hear the heart beat again and of course see the baby. brad had a first on this appointment - his first "girly exam" which he pretty much looked at the floor the entire time and counted the tile. it was a pretty interesting event and for those of you who plan to have babies in the future you may want to either skip that appointment or sit in the hallway.
as for kammy, she is starting to get a little bump, but of course brad is not commenting on this as any good husband would. her morning sickness is getting a little better - more dry heaving than the other fun stuff. hopefully this will pass soon. brad did however find some preggo pop candy for her that is supposed to help with the morning sickness and also a nice bottle of topo chico mineral water that is also supposed to help. funny story on the topo chico - brad is talking about how great this is supposed to be, he opens it and takes a drink and then proceeded to pour it down the drain because it was so bad. so lesson learned is don't drink topo chico mineral water when you visit your local taco truck in the neighborhood.
7 comments:
I think the lessoned that should have been learned is DON'T visit the local anything truck that serves food, except ice cream of course.
It's getting pretty exciting seeing this little GUY develop. hope you feel better soon. Brad, does that look like a righty or a lefty to you...lefties are more sought after in the major leagues ya know.
I never though about that...it would be nice if he was a lefty and became a non steroid user pitcher in the bigs.
Hmmm...so it is roughly week 11 and the baby is the size of a fig, eh? Let's see, by my calculations you should have made at least 17 "baby" purchases of cute clothes, smalled stuffed animals and other books, and hit "baby" websites about 195 times searching for the perfect room decor, stroller, and diaper bag. Am I correct? :)
Kammy -this is a link to my neighbor's blog. She is about 8 weeks prego, but her very last entry (Feb. 13) had a really funny list of pregnancy questions. Just a little light pregnancy humor!
http://www.whattoexpect.com/blogs/clintkrystalsmiracle/default.aspx
(How many comments is Lauren going to leave - geez)
The link did not work when I tried it :( so here it is to cut and paste. Sorry!
http://www.whattoexpect.com/blogs/clintkrystalsmiracle/default.aspx
i give up
We really haven't bought much of anything yet (probably because I haven't felt well enough to shop), although, I've had the baby bedding picked out for about 2 years. There's a lady that does the Canton circuit that makes custom bedding and I fell in love with a soft pink & chocolate brown pattern. I guess if it's a boy then I'll reluctantly change to soft blue and chocolate brown, but let's hope not. I just love the pink! Anyway, we're 1 day away from the 12-week mark, so hopefully I'll begin feeling much better & can start working on this baby's sense of style!
Post a Comment