for the past two and a half years, brad and i have had the pleasure of being part of a "mwok" small group with our church. nine couples "married without kids." it's strange to think that in just a few days, the "without kids" part will be a mute point. sure, we all have our dogs, but something about adding a tiny human to the picture makes a huge difference! while brad and i may be the first to start the baby boom, it's clear that we're not the last. three couples are currently expecting with at least two more who admit they're working on joining the ranks of parenthood.
can we just say how thankful we are that these couples are in our lives? in addition to providing spiritual accountability on a weekly basis, they also serve as encouragers, prayer warriors, dinner companions, and weekend escape friends, too (canton, anyone?) here's to many more years of faith, fun, friends, and now... babies!
note: we need a new group photo as this one only has 8 couples in it -- wade & stephanie, you may be absent from the photo, but not our hearts!
3 comments:
Kammy,
Your post completely made me smile this morning. I truly feel that our group is so special!
-Kristen
I agree we need a new picture - that one got my bad side and I look fat in it!
Brad-
I know the feeling...the only difference is that your small group is growing with you and will be adding new members of their family pretty fast. That is a really nice thing. I am thinking of you both. Can't wait to hear the news that Mason has arrived. Blessings, Tanni :)
Post a Comment