Friday, August 6, 2010
DPS Academy Week 3
Week 3 is officially over and only 15 more to go. We had 3 straight 8 hour days of Penal Code and we only made it through about 375 slides of 1200. So needless to say we still have a long way to go on this class. We will take our first test on this in a couple of weeks so I have plenty of time to study. We also went over first aid every night for about 2 hours per day, had a weapons of mass destruction class and got out kits for this, received my official DPS rain jacket, and we also did some more of our fighting and started to engage with one another. Needless to say I am learning some good moves and starting to become a mean fighting machine. On Friday, DPS celebrated its 75th anniversary and we got to participate in it for about an hour and a half. This is where I made perhaps my biggest mistake of the academy. There was a dunking boothand our Capt was in it. So about 10 of us recruits went to watch and I decided to make a donation and try to dunk him. Needless to say I achieved my goal and dunked him, as he came up he pretty much came up and said I owed him 10 push ups, so I started pushing in front of about 75 people but he told me to stop with a smile. Sure I will pay for it come Monday morning during PT. As for PT I am still holding strong and no injuries to report except for a few scratches and bruises. On a plus note we did move hotels and it is much better than wher we were before. I am having to stay in Austin this weekend due to Kammy and Mason leaving for vacation Saturday with her family. They will have a great time, just hope Mason is a good little traveler for mommy. It stinks that I don't get to see them for 2 weeks but we will survive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment