We achieved a milestone today, the halfway point of the academy. It is amazing how fast these first 9 weeks have gone by and to think in 9 more weeks we will be walking across the stage wearing Texas Tan and we will be able to proudly call ourselves Texas State Troopers. Now it seems like our academics are really starting to pick up and we are hitting some harder subjects. The classes are longer, the tests are a little tougher, but we are all hanging strong and we did not lose anyone this week.
This week we wrapped up CCP, TTC, and started on Arrest, Search and Seizure. All the classes are really starting to gel together and, at least to me, it seems like I am learning everything easier now and everything is starting to sound repetitive. This week in ACT we started handcuffing and it is safe to say that my wrists and fingers are sore and I have come to the conclusion that I never want to get in trouble with the law because handcuffs really hurt, especially when they are either too tight or someone applies the "goose" to your wrist a little too hard. That's alright, because I got to apply a "goose" also, so we took care of that problem.
Fun times start next week, our Transportation Code test is on Sunday and we get to stay next weekend, not looking forward to that but I know it is the price I have to pay.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment